Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Songs That Remind Me Of Certain Events

Have you ever had a nostalgic feeling when you listen to a song? It's as if you are reliving a memory from your past.

It is crazy (and not to mention, weird) how a simple song can remind you of all sorts of things. Whether it was about scoring your Add Maths test, getting your dream car or being asked out by a guy, there are just some songs which stick to your head, even after so many years.

I don't know about you but I do get this feeling. Certain songs remind of certain events that have happened in my life.

It's not like I tell myself "Oh, you should relate Graduation by Vitamin C with the class party you had last year because it is a perfect song to tell you that you and your friends are separating" - no. It just... naturally happens.

Sometimes the song doesn't even portray what you feel at that moment. Like, Bubbly by Colbie Caillat may remind you of the time when you got a bad grade for Maths, and I'm Yours by Jason Mraz may brings flashbacks of the fight you had with your best friend.

Weird huh?

So, I guess you want to know the list of songs that remind me of certain events ;)


1. My humps by the Black Eyed Peas

This reminds me of the time I stayed over at my cousin's place in Tawau, in 2006. Back then, this song was on every radio station and eventually, it got stuck in all of our heads.

So, we were dancing and singing to this song while we packed our bags for a trip to Pulau Sipadan the next day... and the whole thing led to my cousin, shaking every inch of what God gave him.

He is the one in the middle :D


He even danced (and way longer) to this song in Pulau Sipadan, in front of dozens of people, after we dared him to ;)

The whole dance of his made all of them laugh and he kind of became famous during the trip. People were waving and saying hello to him like he was some kind of datuk. -.-"


2. Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears

This track reminds me of one of the best childhood memories I have :)

It was Christmas Eve when my cousins and I decided to have a sleepover at my uncle's place in Silam. The drive which usually took about 30 minutes ended up being 3 hours!

The car broke down like every 10 minutes. -_-"

Among all the places that we stopped by, the classiest one had to be the cemetery.

I remember all of us being shit scared and literally hugging ourselves in the car. We were filled with thoughts of what we thought, could possibly happen then (pontianak chasing us around, toyol stealing our chipsmore).

Thinking of that experience now, after 9 years, has never failed to tickle my funny bone :)


This photo was taken shortly after we arrived at my uncle's place - I was so cute then. Haha


3. I Believe by Yolanda Adams

I remember that this was playing on repeat on the day my PMR results came out. My friends thought that I was extremely stressed out because I listened to this song for 6 hours straight.

I was very stressed out and this was the only song that made me feel calm and relaxed. So, I just had to play it on repeat.

However, the real reason why I remember this track is because it was playing when a friend texted me about my results. I will never forget that feeling of satisfaction, of happiness.

Fyi, ever since that day, this song has become one of my my pick-me-up songs :)




So yeah, these are the songs. There are more actually, but these are the only ones I could think of right now.

What songs remind you of certain events? :)

2 comments:

  1. i agree.
    even scents remind me of stuffs.
    hehe..
    btw,
    u look so adorable!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah. yeah! there is one particular scent that reminds me of my late aunt.
    hmm. it's cool kan. that little things like this reminds us of great memories :)
    haha! thanks :D

    ReplyDelete